Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Scary Question

When Rick turned sixteen, he started working at a fast food sandwich place. He came home one day and told me about a boy with whom he worked. His parents had kicked him out of his home because he told them he was gay. Rick then asked me what I would do if he came home one day and told me he was gay. My heart dropped, I wasn't ready for this! How would I handle it? I told him that it would break my heart; however, it would never affect my love for him. He would also always have a home as long as he kept the standards we tried to have in our home. He didn't say anything else, but it was just one more little thing that I hoped wasn't adding up. It made me sick to think that he was putting out feelers to see if he would still have a home to come home to. I know that must have been scary for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment