Friday, January 18, 2013

Ricky Walks Out

Watching a child walk out the door with no assurances about the future was devastating! I wanted to grab him in my arms and never let go. I thought when it came down to it, he would stay. I didn't think he was ready to be on his own. I think the only way I was able to do this was remembering we had three younger sons that deserved to live in a home without these influences. We knew that if we had standards in our home then we also had to enforce them. I knew what we were doing was right but when Rick left, a part of me died that day.

We heard nothing as the days turned into weeks and the weeks dragged into months. I knew he was hurt and very angry at us. I prayed constantly for him to feel of our love for him and Heavenly Father's love for him. I hoped that he would find a way to stay in touch. We wished for any word from him that he was okay. We didn't even know if he stayed local or had left the state.

No comments:

Post a Comment