Saturday, September 29, 2012

Choices & Panic

I thought of choices, Rick's choices and mine. What choices did I have? What should I do? How could I help? What would happen to my son? Questions. I could not shut my mind off and I had so many questions. Why? Why would he choose this? He had beautiful girls calling him all the time. He could have dated any girl in the school.

Then panic hit. How would he be treated at school? He would be ostracized. Would he become the victim of a hate crime and get beat up or killed? Every news story I had ever heard about the beating up or the killing of a gay person kept replaying in my brain. I became afraid for his life. I was terrified. What about AIDS? I needed to talk to him and change his mind.

1 comment:

  1. I just noticed your link on your other blog!! I'm so glad you are able to do this!! I hope it helps you and many, many others!!

    ReplyDelete