Thursday, November 8, 2012

He Was Different

Ricky was different, even as a young child. I remember noticing little things. He didn't enjoy the typical things my other boys would. He didn't want to play with balls, he wanted to play with dolls; he didn't want to play with trucks, he wanted to play house. John thought it was foolishness and we should tell him he couldn't have dolls or he couldn't play house. I really didn't want to make a big deal about these things. I didn't want him to feel like there was something wrong with him.

There were times he would become almost hysterical if I wouldn't let him wear one of Aubrey's dresses or her 'pretty shoes'. If we went to the store to pick out a toy or if he was making a list for birthdays or for Santa, all he wanted were Barbies, baby dolls and all the accessories. I usually relented and let him buy what he wanted however, this was always followed with dread because I knew John would be upset and we would have another discussion. He didn't agree with this at all. We had a lot of disagreements over these issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment